Friday, December 12, 2008

A Visit to Seattle: Reminiscing About Old Memories While Making New Ones!

Music Pick = Seattle

Note: This song was one of my favorite songs growing up in the Northwest. My 4th grade music teacher taught it to our class, and I loved it!


For the first time in 18 years, we went home to White Salmon for Thanksgiving Vacation! Despite worries about a repeat of the Christmas Disaster of 2006, all went well and we had a FANTASTIC time!


One of the best parts of our vacation was a 2-day trip to Clyde Hill (near Seattle, Washington) to visit my Uncle Dale and Aunt. I haven’t sent them in 16 years (since Ryan’s wedding open house), so it was fantastic getting to know them again. Aunt Ann was the perfect hostess, making sure we were well fed, comfortable, and happy during our visit (we laughed together a lot).


Here we are on Dale & Ann's patio



It was great to see Dad reunited with his younger

brother. He and Dale are quite the handsome pair!


Bill and Uncle Dale soon became fast friends

when they discovered their mutual love of

landscaping and gardening.



On Monday, Tyler, Maile, Bill and I

went sightseeing in Seattle.

Our first stop was the Seattle Space Needle.




Next we went to Pike’s Place Farmer’s Market. What a fascinating place!


There was lots of fresh produce at the Farmer's

Market. We ate Chinese food for lunch

and Maile bought us some homemade donuts!


I always loved visiting Uncle Dale and Aunt Ann when I was a kid. They are attentive listeners and really know how to make their guests feel special. We had a great trip and I hope it is much less than 16 years before we get together again!



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. haha :) Tyler told me Ann's name was spelled with an "e" (Anne) so we just sent them a Christmas card with her name spelled wrong. Oops!! That picture at the space needle almost looks photoshoped. I LOVE the cloud in the background too. How cool!

    ReplyDelete