Bill and I just returned from a garage sale adventure in the snow. The good thing was that the crowds were much smaller than normal because only die hard garage salers (like Maile, Tyler and us) go to garage sales when it's snowing; the bad thing was that it was really cold. We found some great deals though: 9 new-in-package excellent quality (Schlage) entry door knobs for our apartments for $6 each ($40 at the store), 2 Carriage motion sensor new-in-the-box security lights for $3 each, a new sleeping bag for Alec for $5, an large American Girl doll car for $3, two director's chairs for $3 each, a popcorn popper for Justin's cabin for $1, & 2 large plastic cereal containers for 25 cents each. I also found some cute sweatshirts for Shaelee & Annika and a pair of kids Columbia snow pants for $1 each. After two weeks of marginal garage sales, it was fun to see some good stuff & good prices for a change.
After returning home, the snowy weather made me feel like cooking some comfort foods. I put some chili in the crockpot and decided to make cinnamon rolls (both are Grandma Knowles' recipes). Cosy days like today are perfect for these two flavorful foods, which bring back wonderful memories of my Grandma. One whiff of the cinnamon rolls takes me back to when I was eight-years-old and stepping into the kitchen of the best house in whole wide world. I had the most amazing childhood anyone could ever want, which included month-long visits to Grandma & Grandpa's farm in Millville every summer. My kids love these cinnamon rolls almost as much as I did when I was a child. Grandma' legacy lives on!
Wow, those recipes sound GREAT! Tyler and I have been making applesauce all day, chili sounds GREAT!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect autumn day! I really admire a good barging shopper. I would not be found shopping outside in the snow for anything. But wow what a payoff for your effort!
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see you on my blogging buddies list.
Karlette, I wanna see some of those pictures of pinata smacking!!! And your kids all dressed up!
ReplyDelete